We have adopted as our own the Spanish Evangelical Alliance's
Statement of Faith:
As Evangelical Christians we accept the revelation of one God in three
persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) given in the Scriptures of the Old and
New Testaments and confess the historic faith of the Gospels therein set
We affirm, therefore, the doctrines which we regard as crucial to the
understanding of the faith, and which should be expressed in mutual love,
practical Christian service and the proclamation of the gospel:
1) The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy
Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
2) The divine inspiration of the holy Scripture and its consequent entire
trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
3) The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen man, making him subject to
God's wrath and condemnation.
4) The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son
of God as the sole all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and
power of sin, and from its consequences.
5) The justification of the sinner solely by the
grace of God through faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
6) The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and
sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit.
7) The priesthood of all believers who, in the unity
of the Holy Spirit, form the universal Church, the Body of which Christ is
the Head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the
gospel throughout the world and to the service of love in society.
8) The expectation of the visible return of the Lord
Jesus Christ in power and glory, the resurrection of the dead and the
consummation of the Kingdom of God.
John Paul Blake, President
José Pablo Sánchez Núñez, Director